Lasers, toppers, RS dinghies are all regularly raced in the dinghy races, which are handicapped to provide an even playing field. Enjoy the magnificent setting of the estuary itself, river or Wembury Bay and a flexible programme which includes two series in Spring and Autumn and a popular Friday evening series racing to fit in with Club night and the bar. The annual RNLI Passage Race provides the opportunity to join our other classes, yachts and dayboats racing from Plymouth to the River Yealm.
- 2021 – Full Sailing Programme Latest update published under “Useful Links”
- Dinghy and dayboat combined notice of race, sailing instructions and entry form (PDF) (MS Word)
- Dinghy & Dayboat Risk Assessment
- Dinghy & Dayboat Crisis Management Plan
- Safety Boat Risk Assessment
How it works
Race events are managed by the Race Officer and he or she is responsible for setting the course, which are timed to coincide with high water. Races are usually started at either the club slipway or on the water by the Mouthstone. In either case, the race course will be posted outside the race hut which is located on the club slipway.
Limited boat spaces for adults & cadets are available at both the Club Slip and the Patch. Both are allocated at the beginning of the season and applications should be made via a YYC Dinghy Storage Application Form.